August 15, 2010

EAT, PRAY, LOVE…

My first hour was spent reading Oswald Chambers’ Aug. 14th devotional.  He taught on the verse in Hebrew 12:5 “Despise not the hastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him.” Chambers challenged followers saying “Do not despise Him when He says to you ‘Don’t be blind on this point anymore; you are not where you thought you were’”.  So I prayed, “Holy Spirit, remove my blindness, what is the point you wish me to understand?” I sat silently and waited for Him to answer.  He did.  He spoke to me about the joy we have in Him, finding ourselves, finding our identity in 'whose we are'. 

I just saw the new Julia Roberts’ movie “Eat, Pray, Love” the previous evening. I thought about the journey Julia's character took to find her joy.  This is what the Holy Spirit spoke into my heart:

JOY !!  Joy, He prompted. That is what you must understand.  Like the character Julia Roberts portrayed, we all search for something meaningful, something which makes life a joy to live! Here is what He taught me this morning:

              COMPLETE JOY

Joy is not in aimless wandering,
It is everywhere, in the wonder of simple things!

Joy can not be pursued,
It is caught, living in the moment.

Joy is not in the service of ‘must dos’,
It is in the choice to serve in love.

Joy is not in mindless chatter,
It is in listening well so we might know how to love others.

Joy is not wishing through a window pane for what isn’t,
It is whistling while walking down this day’s path.

Joy is not in living greatly,
It is revealing in His greatness!

Joy is not in the grandness of my doing,
It is in the simple faithful service of Him whom I serve!

Phil 2:2

No comments: