August 11, 2010

A Love Letter...

Lately, my favorite thing to do after sending hubby off to work is to brew a cup of coffee and settle into my bedroom sofa with my little Boston Terrier, Missy in my lap.  I pull on a throw and have a little time with my Father.  Somedays I sing, read my Bible or listen to audio clips of favorite teachers.  My latest exercise is to just sit quietly, asking God what He wants to talk about.  Then, I force some self-discipline into play and try to keep my mind open from my own thoughts and just wait on Him.  He never disappoints!  Here is a song He gave me the other morning...no music yet, my sister is working on that...

A Love Letter from God


I’m waiting for you…
Come, be with me,
come see with me!

I’ll calm the raging seas,
but what I really want
is your friendship.

I’ll provide you fish and loaves,
but what I really want
is to dine with you.

I’ll go before you to make a way,
but what I really want
is to walk with you and talk with you.

I’ll find you when you wander,
but what I really want
is to sit and hear your songs of praise.

A friend like no other,
A faithful steadfast lover,
that is who I am, that is who I am.

Come, be with me,
come see with me,
I’m waiting for you…

No comments: